We have several employers searching for competent and professional Truck drivers willing to deliver efficiently plus in a timely manner. These are the criteria being sought:
Responsible for transporting goods from one place to another using heavy or tractor-trailer trucks. Operates trucks with a capacity of at least 26,001 pounds per gross vehicle weight.
- Deliver goods while operating a tractor-trailer truck, sometimes over intercity routes or spanning several states.
- Ensure the Loaded and unloaded cargo is properly balanced as needed.
- Record amount and type of cargo being delivered.
- Communicate with the Dispatcher to take orders for new delivers.
- Properly document and calculate mileage on the driving/sleep logs and turn in on time to the Office Personnel.
- Fill up on fuel, clean truck, and wash windows. Keep their truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
- Report to a dispatcher any incidents encountered on the road in the first 24 hours of the incident. Follow accident procedures if an accident occurs.
- Monitor road conditions and watch for traffic congestion.
- Follow all applicable traffic laws and or DOT regulations.
- Inspect their trailer before and after the trip, and record any defects they find. Communicate with the Dispatcher/Office Personnel of any maintenance concerns.
- Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Plan routes using maps or satellite tracking.
- Get goods to client in a timely manner. Use Professional Customer Services Skills when representing the company.
- Transport hazardous materials if needed
- Competitive Salaries and potential bonus
Job Type: Full-time